DB ADMIN (FOR OPERATIONS)
- Three primary DBA responsibilities for managing databases and applications: Performance, Administration, and Recovery.
- Supports completed applications as they run business operations
- Focuses on assuring availability, optimizing efficiency, and promoting usability
- Database performance management is the optimization of resource usage to increase throughput and minimize contention, enabling the largest possible workload to be processed.
- Helps to assure that applications perform according to the service level agreements, databases are administered properly, and data is sufficiently backed up such that it can be recovered in the event of an error or downtime.
- Concerned with security and compliance efforts. Production data needs to be appropriately secured such that only the required users have access to it.
- Ensures that data is in in compliance with governmental and industry regulations.